Thursday, May 13, 2010

Murray McMurray hatchery

For whatever it's worth, I wanted to let anyone who is thinking of ordering from McMurray my experience.

I ordered a rare hatch of turkey eggs at the beginning of march. They weren't available until two months later, when I was told they would ship out on the 26th. I called in about the 1st of May, when they told me the real shipping date was from the 26th to the 6th of May. As in, it would anywhere inbetween those two times. They couldn't verify that the order  had gone out or when it would go out.

Today is the 13th, and I still haven't seen them. I called in today. They put me on hold for 10 minutes, then hung up on me. I called back, and the woman that I talked to was very nice but she could not answer my question. She said that she has no way to tell me whether or not they have gone out. She looked for the person who could, but wasn't in the office. Evidently that person has to call their supplier to find out. I was told that I would get a phone call back. I told them that if the eggs have not gone out to forget it, just refund my order.

I did not hear back from them. Maybe I will hear something tomorrow.

1 comments:

Vegetable Garden Cook said...

So I never ended up hearing anything. I called and asked them to refund my money, which they did right away. The gal on the phone said that looking at the order she thought the eggs would have been here by now. Yeah. That's what I thought.