Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Honeyberry plants

So I've had these honeyberry plants for a couple of years and they look awful. At first I thought it may be something I'm doing that is causing them to look this way. But, my talented gardener Aunt Grace saw these when she was here and said hers look the same.

I was pretty excited about these because they are said to ripen before strawberries, which pretty much means the first opportunity for fresh fruit. And they're supposed to be blueberry like in flavor.

Anybody out there have experience with this?
Blue sky honeyberry Bush 


Honeyberry bush Blue Belle

See what else is growing in my garden


1 comments:

Mr. H. said...

Yes, we have honeyberries and after moving them to a location that had plenty of sun and adequate water they produced a few berries for the first time this year...that's all I know, we are still trying to figure them out as well. Check out this blog for some interesting info. on them. - http://bluehoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

and you can see our little bushes at - http://subsistencepatternfoodgarden.blogspot.com/search?q=honeyberry