Friday, February 5, 2010

Diagnosis: Major Depressive Disorder, part 4

Awake at 6 am. I have been feeling better over the last couple days. So much so that I have accomplished some chores, more organizing of our new house, misc. projects. When I feel a bit better I feel like I am playing catch up. If I feel bad I can't accomplish much and once I feel better I am busy busy.

I still don't really talk to anyone. I keep forgetting to call people back, send out the belated christmas gifts to my mom. Perhaps it is because I am enjoying my tasks, enjoying living, my marvelous little boy, my serene property. I feel bad that I haven't kept in closer contact with certain people, and hopefully they will understand.

My psychiatrist increased my dosage of lexapro. I think that with the hormone therapy that my doc has me on is starting to help me feel better. I hope.

In my next post on this subject, I will talk about my long search for answers to what has had me feeling bad on and off since puberty and all of the different remedies that I have tried. I have tried so many different treatments that it is mind boggling. It has been a long, frustrating and very confusing road.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That you are "enjoying" is Christmas enough for me! Yay!!!!! That is really really really good news.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy Dear~~ I've been away for a few days and yours is the first blog I'm checking on.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. You know how some people try [and fail at] every diet under the sun? It sounds like your quest for mental health is similar, and similar to my history. [The reason I called it "The Lengths that I will Go To."] Unfortunately I think some or even most of the issues are genetic. The upside is that since they are genetic you don't have to beat yourself up over not doing the punishing "just get over it" song and dance with yourself.

It's good that you're enjoying your time at home, enjoying Guy and doing things you want to do. It's good that you WANT to. Your psychiatrist sounds like s/he knows what they're doing. Competent help makes all the difference.

Know that I'm thinking of you.