Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Siberian Pea Shrub

I bought this little shrub as the website I purchased it through said that the fruits are extremely high in protein and make for valuable chicken and goat feed. This is the first year I've had it, and it is looking very sad. I have yet to give it any water, which is likely the problem! I imagine it will come back much nicer next year, but we will see.

Siberian Pea shrub. Planted spring 2010.



This is part of the series: What's growing in my garden.

1 comments:

StefRobrts said...

Interesting, I've never heard of this plant. I'll have to look it up.

I'm afraid I'm a bit hard on my fruit trees, I didn't water them much this summer. With the occasional rain I made them tough it out on their own. I don't want trees I need to baby so I figure if they make it, they're tough enough for me.