Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seed varieties recommended by other gardeners

This is a new page on my website that will be located under the gardening tab, where I will keep track of varieties that I would like to try based on other bloggers' recommendations. Also see: my recommendations or varieties that I do not recommend.

Brassicas
Purple sprouting broccoli--by The Garden Diaries

Carrots:
Dragon carrots--by Antiquity Oaks
Purple Haze--by Fennel and Fern
Sugarsnax--by Fennel and Fern
Yellowstone--by Fennel and Fern


Corn
Dakota Black Popcorn--by Antiquity Oaks

Fruits
Raspberry Jaclyn--by A Growing Tradition
Anne raspberry--by An Oregon Cottage

Greens
Austrailian Yellow Leaf lettuce--by Diggin Food
Ruby streaks mustard greens--by Diggin Food
Asian Greens--by In My Kitchen Garden
Thai Tender Amaranth--by From Seed to Table

Legumes
Rattlesnake beans--by Antiquity Oaks
Tom Thumb Pea--by Diggin Food
Edamame--by My Freezer is Full--I hope to find out her variety

Parsnips
Cobham Improved Marrow--by Mark's veg plot

Peppers
Chervena Chuska--by Antiquity Oaks
Quadrato Rosso D'Asti--By Annie's Kitchen Garden

Potatoes
All Blue--by A Growing Tradition

Radishes--by Diggin' Food

Tomatoes
Black Cherry--from This Garden is Illegal
Cherokee Purple--from This Garden is Illegal
Chocolate Stripes--by From Seed to Table**
Green Moldovan--by This Garden is Illegal
In My Kitchen Garden's favorites
Japanese Trifele Tomato--by This Garden is Illegal
Lennie and Gracie's Kentucky Heirloom--by From Seed to Table
Pineapple Tomato--by Garden Rant
Riesenstraube--by On the Way to Critter Farm
Eqyptian and San Marzano--by Fennel and Fern
White Currant--by This Garden is Illegal
Ananas Noir by This Garden is Illegal
Persimmon--by This Garden is Illegal**
Goose Creek--by This Garden is Illegal
Azochyka--by This Garden is Illegal**
Home Joys' favorites
Egyptian--by Fennel and Fern
Green Zebra--by Kalyn's Kitchen


**indicates varieties I really want to try!




Shop my Amazon Store 


_______________________________________

5 comments:

Judy T said...

Hi Amy, Thanks for stopping by my blog. The edamame I grew this year were several varieties of Gardensoy but I can't say exactly which. I was participating in a national garden trial through the U of Illinois. I was sent samples of 6 varieties (I had numbers 12, 24, 32, 41, 42 and 43- how are those for original names) I don't know if they will be doing it again next year but it was fun. This was my first time growing edamame, even though I grew up on a farm where we grew acres and acres of soybeans. Sorry I can't be more specific.
Judy

Vegetable Garden Cook said...

Still, that is quite the inspiration!

Susan said...

That's quite a list - great idea! I think I'll have to do something like this on my blog. Thanks for sharing!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Great idea to compile a list like this! Cherokee Purple is my favorite heirloom tomato- even like it more than Brandywine, though I grow both. I think you'll like it.

Thanks for sharing this at the TGP- I saw some I would like to try!

Anonymous said...

Here are some of my seed selections and my two favorite sources. This is not an extensive list, but a list for those looking for easy to grow plants! They have organic selections as well.

http://thegivinggarden.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/seeds-of-inspiration/